Scent Marketing for Healthcare
You may be wondering, what is scent marketing? Realtors have figured out how to create an emotional connection between prospective buyers or renters and the apartments or condos they are looking to buy. Because scent greatly influences the decision of your condo or house sale, make sure to put a lot of care and attention into choosing the right scent.
Scent Marketing for Healthcare Facilities: The Power of Ambient Scenting
Just as ambient scent has a powerful influence on consumer behavior in commercial spaces, it can significantly alter patient and staff experiences in healthcare facilities.
75% of our emotions generated every day are due to what we smell. This is a strong relationship, and it is a good reminder why it’s important that all medical facilities monitor their ambient scent to help reduce stress and anxiety that many of your visitors inevitably feel as they approach a medical test, procedure or scan.
Where to Use Scent Marketing
Quite simply, any facility that offers medical services can significantly improve patient and staff experiences by utilizing scenting applications.
- Dentist offices
- Outpatient surgical facilities
- Birthing centers
- Dr. Offices / Clinics
- Blood banks
- Other medical offices
Healthcare facilities can utilize ambient scents specifically for the aromatherapeutic properties of essential oils and fragrances with the goal of creating a calming, understated atmosphere.
Commonly utilized ambient scents include:
- Citrus: This invigorating scent can increase attention and focus, helping to energize long-shift workers like nurses and surgical teams, as well as caretakers and patients themselves.
- Lavender: A soothing floral scent that is most commonly known for its use in aromatherapy, lavender can lower stress levels and improve cognitive function. Senior care facilities and memory care centers are particularly fond of this scent because it can alleviate agitation among patients and has even been shown to help trigger memory recall because of its comforting aroma.
- Vanilla: Known to promote relaxation and overall calmness, vanilla is a popular choice for medical testing rooms to help ease patients. A 1994 study of vanilla impact on MRI rooms found that 60 outpatients who smelled the vanilla-like fragrance in humidified air during an MRI reported 63% less anxiety than patients who were exposed to unscented humidified air.
- Lemongrass: This is a powerful and zesty scent that promotes high energy levels. It’s also a popular choice to relieve stress, anxiety and depression.
Diffuser Systems: Strategic Scent Distribution
We understand the necessity of taking a responsible, careful approach to scent marketing to ensure the most comfortable atmosphere for your patients, care providers and staff. A diffuser system from It Just Makes Scents is an ideal tool for safely and effectively administering scent treatments in your facility. Our diffuser systems enable you to control the strength of fragrances and the schedule of their release. This is an important way to find the perfect balance of aroma.
Well-chosen ambient scents from It Just Makes Scents can significantly improve the patient experience when evenly diffused. Alternatively, too-powerful fragrances could easily distract patients or even result in increased stress levels and other negative reactions. This is why investing in a quality diffuser system, and working with our scent experts, is important.
The experienced team at It Just Makes Scents is ready to help you eliminate odors and create a pleasant scenting strategy for your healthcare facility. Our goal is to create a positive experience for patients, family, caretakers and healthcare staff. When you work with us, you’ll be standing with one of the leading commercial scenting companies in the industry. Contact us today to get started.